Sunday, April 13, 2014

5km

I'm sitting here eating a chocolate cookie thinking that it's time to start blogging again. I need to start getting my thoughts and feelings out on paper again so that I can work through what I want and how to get there. but before I get all serious and stuff I ran my second 5km today!!!!! The first one was 3 years ago so needless to say it's the longest I've run in a long while.
We ran it in 34:45 (almost 10 min faster then our last 5km!) Goal for the next one you ask? it's in 2 months time and the goal is under 30 min!

Okay so now that we have all celebrated I thought I should give you some numbers as to where I am today over last time I blogged. 
Weight 208 so down 21lbs since just before Christmas
Inches not sure were they sit but I'm down over 23" since December!
Now time to discuss my problems. I have no and I mean no self control again! Why? I use food to  fill my emotional needs, I like the taste of it, it's always been my go to... the list could go on but really it comes down to since I have no self control I need to do something to keep my in check with my lack of self control. Really I've been thinking this for a few weeks and I've come to the conclusion that I need  Ito 
a) clean out my cupboards, fridge and freezer and get rid of the things that I stumble on. Cuz really lets be serious if I eat too much fruit I'm not going to go up on the scale.   
b) be 100% honest with my curves coach and let her know how I'm doing. 
c) Get enough sleep... when I'm tired I will eat anything and I mean anything covered in chocolate. 

All these are great ideas and will help me on the scale but I think my biggest problem is I'm having a hard time being disciplined in spending time with God. I'm not making the time to do this and I know that is causing me to suffer with food again. I find it so hard to be diligent in my relationship with him and I don't know why. But I know when I'm not diligent and I drift apart from him. In the big scheme of things I know that my relationship with Christ should be number one in my life and it's just not at this point. 

Alright so now what am I going to do? right now I'm reading mere christianity and C.S. Lewis says fake it til you make it. Figure out what Christians should do and just do it. Eventually it will become easier and it'll be something you want to do. So
a) Do a bible study every morning
b) spend time in prayer each day... start with 5 min and add a couple min each week
c) find some way to serve someone else each day. 

Alright I got my 2 to do lists and I'm ready to tackle these things! Check back in soon for an update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment