Saturday, February 15, 2014
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
At times I have wished for another curse but I realized that I was so fortunate, I could struggle with alcoholism, drug use, porn things that are not only detrimental to me but also have a personality altering effect or are hurting others for my pleasure. So thinking about this I realized I've been blessed it's just food. I can identify with people who are struggling in this as well as other areas of life, it's also a blessing as I have been able to go through this process of growing closer to God as I work through my issues.
I don't have to think back too far, it was last night I finished my salad when I was already full. This morning I don't feel too bad about it. But I know that it needs to stand as a reminder to walk away from food when I'm full and to eat slower to I can feel when I'm satisfied. If I could have changed the decision I would have eaten less, yes.
Like I said above I think the occasional overeating of healthy foods is pointing me in the direction of failure. This is something that God is showing me and something that I will clearly need to be more aware of.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Last week was a great week! I was able to stick to plan and was challenged lots by the study.
1. I lost 2 pounds
2. I ran a long hill!
3. I continued to keep up with the study and really grew from it!
4. I have a few people tell me they that it was obvious I'd lost weight and they were shocked when I only said 12 pounds.
Yesterday was really hard for me. We spend friday night "sleeping" in an airport as we were flying out early saturday morning. I was so tired and I can say I lost my resolve. I ate too much, I think. I don't even know because I wasn't really eating what I should when I should. I can say in that I had a real victory in that I only ate and drank things in my plan, just too much and at the wrong times. Today I realized how important it was to get up and first thing focus on God and the reason I'm losing weight, to grow closer to him.
Work of the week: Truth
Verse of the week:
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 corinthians 12:9
Goals for the week:
1. 3 curves workouts
2. 3 runs
4. 10,000 steps each day
5. only eat what's in my meal plan
6. do my study every morning
These may seem like basic goals but i'm spending my week at disneyland and so i know I need to go back to basics and remember that these little things are important and skipping them because I'm on vacation is not going to be beneficial, permissible maybe but not beneficial.
Lord, I thank you so much for you grace that covers me when I fail. Lord, I pray your forgiveness for yesterdays over eating. Lord, I pray that you would have me asking myself the questions I need to before I eat and that you would be there giving me the strength I need to say no when things aren't part of my plan. Lord I thank you that your power is made perfect in my weakness. Lord, I could have a whole lot of that weakness this week and I pray that your power would be made perfect in everyone of those situations. Lord, I pray that we would be a blessing to those around us today. That all those we come in contact with will be encouraged and can see you shining through what we do, how we act and what we say. Lord, I thank you so much that we have this opportunity to be back in California and I pray it would be a time of rest and rejuvenation for Heather. That she can forget the stressed of life back home and just let her hair down and truly enjoy everyday we have. Lord, I pray for your strength today and I thank you that you speak the truth to me when i need to hear it. Amen
Friday, February 7, 2014
Lord, I thank you for the love you have give me to move. Lord I thank you that you have pointed me in the direction of exercise that I really enjoy! Lord, I thank you that you have given me a wonderful and supportive family unit when it comes to exercise as they make great workout buddies. Lord, I thank you that you have given me a strong body that is capable of so many things! Lord, I pray that I would continue to push myself as I'm working out and that I would continue to become stronger and healthier because of it. Lord, I pray for this following week and a bit as we go away that I would be able to keep up my exercise and food. That I wouldn't see this as a hiatus but rather that it would be a time to show myself and others that even when we're traveling and eating well can be a challenge it's one that I can win! It's one that I don't need to let get me down and Lord the only way that's going to happen is if you are there to make sure i'm successful! If you're there for me to lean on and if you're there reminding me that I'm doing this for greater things then being slim. I'm doing this so that I can be that much closer to you. Lord, today as I go to weigh in I pray that your will would be done on the scale. That whatever number shows up I would know that I have obeyed you and it's not my work that's got me there but yours and Lord help it not to define me either way. thank you Lord, that this journey means so much to you and that you are willing to walk along side me and give me someone to lean on. Amen
1. Ran 2.5 min at once and did it going up hill!
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
1. We all have at least one physical feature we wish we could change. for some it might be a facial feature like the shape of one's nose; for others it could be breast size or body shape. For Lysa, it's tankles. What is your tankle equivalent? What's your first memory of feeling embarrassed or ashamed by this aspect of your appearance? Are you now more or less at peace with this part of your body or is it still a source of painful dissatisfaction?
My fatness has always been what bothers me the most. I have been overweight since my early teens so it's what I always remember being like. I'm more at peace then I was before but still working on it.
2. When you consider previous efforts to modify your eating habits, what experiences or accomplishments provided your greatest motivation to keep going? Did those motivations ever backfire or become de motivators?
Other peoples expectations of me to do it. Becoming smaller and more attractive. Yes! because neither of them was concrete enough to help me give up food for the long haul. The other thing about doing it for others is when they stop giving you the comments you want it works well to gain and then they will notice you again!
3. As you review each question and reflect back on your eating over the past week, how would you assess your progress? Are there other questions you would like to add to the list
- Did I overeat this week on any day? Not according to my plan
- Did I move more and exercise regularly? YES!
- Do I feel lighter than I did at this time last week? No
- Did I eat is secret or out of anger or frustration? No
- Did I feel that at any time, I ran to food instead of God? Yes
- Before I hopped on the scale, did I think I'd had a successful, God-pleasing week? Yes
Don't define yourself by those things. You are created perfectly! You have a body that is so strong and able to do so many things! Don't undermine that because you think one thing could change. Remember you were created to God, he knit you together in your mothers womb he made you just the way he wanted you. Are you saying God made a mistake? I would pray that they would see who they truly are, a creation of God made by him. And that they would realize that it doesn't matter is their nose is big, they are pasty, they have kankles God knew what he was doing when he made them and he doesn't made mistakes. And that they are loved just the way they are. I need to tell myself these things.
Because my weight has always been my biggest issue physically it's hard for me to think of it as something good. But I guess I could say I could have gotten into more trouble as a skinny. Maybe started dating and making poor decisions there. Or maybe I would have put more emphasis on myself and how I look and to keep in shape and wouldn't have learned the importance of serving others.
The second one hands down. I know that is I don't get to a place where I'm good with my body flaws and all I will just find something else I don't like when my weight is where it should be.
- Instant and painless cosmetic surgery to change one thing about your physical appearance.
- A permanent reorientation of how you think and feel about your body that would enable you to say wholeheartedly, "I've found my beautiful. And I like my beautiful."
1. My exercises water and food were on target!
Lord, I thank you for your love. I thank you that you made me as you wanted me and that even with my imperfections I was made perfect and uniquie. I pray that I would see myself as your creation, your child and not as the girl who needs to lose 70 pounds. Lord I thank you that you have given me this struggle. Lord, I know you allow things to happen at the right time and I thank you that you never make mistakes. Lord, O may never know why you allowed me to be fat for so long before you changed my heart but Lord I know there were/are reasons and for your grace I thank you. Lord. I pray today that you would give me strength to say yes and no and to know what is beneficial and what isn't. Lord, I pray that today you would show me yourself and reveal to me more of myself. Thank you Jesus for the success I have been given in this process. Amen
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
1.What mode do you kick into when you feel like you don't measure up?
- Is this true?
- Is this beneficial?
- Is this necessary?
Lord, today I don't want to pray for myself, I don't want to pray about my weight loss and struggle besides to say I give it to you today. Lord, today I want to take this time to pray for Mr. Molly. Lord he is so sick and it doesn't look promising. Lord, I know that you are the great physician you can heal him, you can heal him in a way the Dr's would say could never happen. Lord, I pray that you would do this that your healing hand would be upon him and that miracles would start to happen. Lord, revive him! Lord, I understand if this is not your will and if it's not Lord, be with his family comfort them in their time of loss. Lord, help this be a time where they can unite and support each other. Lord, if your plan is different then their hopes help them to see that you are good and that your plans are greater then they know. Lord, be there with them right now, giving them a peace that passes understanding and Lord, help them to be a blessing to those around them even in this incredibly hard time of their life. Lord, I life this whole family up to you and I pray that you would be glorified in whatever the outcome may be. Amen
Monday, February 3, 2014
I absolutely love this song on days when I can't see who I am in Christ it really reminds me I'm not defined by my situation but by my Lord!
- I was made by God to do good works. Works that were already figured out before I was born. Ephesians 2:10
- I am a New creation! 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I am a joint heir with Christ! Romans 8:17
- I am an overcomer! Revelations 12:11
- I am strengthened with might according to God's powers. Colossians 1:11
- I am a Child of God. John 1:12
- I am a friend of Jesus. John 15:15
- I am the aroma of Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:15
Sunday, February 2, 2014
My Word: Peace
My Verse: Isaiah 45:3, “I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name.”
1. Drink 64oz of water each day
2. Figure out a meal plan for d-land. Get meals and snacks together for the traveling to Cali portion of the trip.
3. Spend min 30 min of focused time on the study and praying
4. Add the Parksville park hill into our run when we run at Krista's (run all the way up!)
My Action Steps:
1. Have water with me at all times. At home and out.
2. Figure out what is available in my hotel room to cook and store food. Think through what I will honestly have time to prepare. Figure out where I'm going to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and figure out food that will work for those times. Keep it simple but on plan. Lots of the same stuff!
3. If at all possible do study before I get up in the morning. If that's not possible stop what I'm doing. Turn off the TV, music etc and just do the study. If the phone rings they can wait!
4. Ask Krista if she's okay adding the hill. If she's not then once we're done our run and walking home stop the walk and add the hill running by myself.
I thank you for your faithfulness to me. This week I feel like I started drifting off. Not so much off plan but just with getting sick and the hard days I didn't feel like I was really on top of things. But Lord, looking back I can see that you were on top of things because I didn't go way off plan, I still got in my exercise and I didn't miss a day of devotions. Lord, I commit this week to taking this more seriously and to making it a priority everyday. Lord, I want to life up this coming week to you. I pray that as I strive for a healthier body through a better relationship in you that you would continue to be my rock and my reminder. Lord, as my life gets a little exciting at the end of this week I pray that you would be there that you would be reminding me of the importance of spending time with you. That you would be reminding me that, yes, on fry can be detrimental to me. That this sin't about calories in calories burned. This isn't about about the number being lower on the scale when I get back. This is about food finding it's place in my life, it's rightful place. Lord, thank you for the freedom you have already given me. Thank you that you are a faithful and unfailing God. That you want to me do this, you are with me in this. Lord, I thank you that your plan for me is so much bigger then being stuck in a vicious cycle of food. I Pray Lord as I go on today that you would help me to get back on track. Lord, that food would sound good and that I would be able to consume the food I'm supposed to. But Lord that most of all you would be first and foremost in my day. Lord, I already know tonight church is going to be a struggle but I know it's one that you can win! Lord, Remind me of the importance of starting my week off right, focusing in on you and fellowshipping with your people. So Lord, later today when I think I'm too sick, I'm too tired or whatever other excuse I can come up with I pray that you would overrule those excuses and that you would kick my butt to church. Lord, I love you and I thank you that you are always here. Amen
Saturday, February 1, 2014
1. Down 3lbs
2. Got all my gym work outs in and all of my steps.
3. Also got 2 runs done.
4. Stuck to my eating plan even when it was tough.
5. Had one really hard day but spent time reflecting on God's promises to me.
This week was a challenge, I had a few nights with not nearly enough sleep and my little cold has not turned into bronchitis. When I'm sick or tired I'm pitiful when there both together I'm beyond pitiful. But I've been doing my best to still make good eating choices and getting in as much exercise as my body will allow. So in that I'm victorious!
Lord, I thank you for a week of victories even through the struggles. I thank you that you are here helping me out and that this is not too much for you. I pray that you would bring healing to my body and as that's happening I would remain faithful to the diet and not feel a need to cheat and eat comfort food. Amen