Monday, May 5, 2014

Boasting

Before I start my food/emotion write up I wanted to talk about my devos. It hits very close to home, yet again especially concerning this blog. It reminded me not to boast in my own power or skill but to boast only in Jesus Christ and what he has done for me. I do find myself saying things like I didn't really good or I can do this or I can do that. Lord, please forgive me those things I do, even good things, mean nothing and boasting on them will not only bring about pride in my heart but it will also take the glory away from You, which is where it all belongs. Lord please forgive me for this and Lord, please remind me when I start to boast that I need to be pointing others towards your greatness and not my own. Amen

In saying that I hope it comes across that as I'm writing out how my day went I am doing so as a journal and I know that none of this would be possible without the grace and love of Jesus Christ right beside me helping me along.

Steps: 16,000
I did a 30 min run and then ran with mom and heather (1 1/2 and 3 min times 2)
Food: breakfast was awesome then I missed my snack, ate 2 hot dogs and 2 mini bags of chips for lunch, ate a burger, cheese and 2/3 serving of sweet potatoes for my afternoon snack. Then dinner was on plan, but my post church snack was a quesadilla, salsa and greek yogurt, popcorn, 3 cookies and a small cup of hot chocolate... clearly not needed! Why? Busy, stress, relieved to be done work for the weekend, habit, the fact that my eating schedule was crazy out of whack. Or was it me not listening to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to walk away, I didn't need it?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment