Sunday, February 2, 2014

Made To Crave Week 3!

This coming week I'm leaving for Disneyland! So though I don't have a whole lot of other things planned I know that it could become busy really quick! But because next week it's going to be more of a challenge to fit everything in I want I know i'm going to have to push hard this week and make sure, sick or not, that I get in all my work outs, that I sleep well and that my eating is right on track. But most of all I need to make sure that my time with God is happening and it's key in my day. As I know that habits I've been developing will be more likely to carry over if I stick to them. I have a horrid habit of the week before I go away skipping the gym, not getting my steps in, eating okay but not great and then I leave and think whatever I've already screwed up I'll fix it next week. Not this time! I want to have peace during my trip! I want to have peace when I arrive home. I want to have peace that day I have to weigh in after my trip.  

My Word: Peace

My Verse: Isaiah 45:3, “I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name.” 

My Goals: 
1. Drink 64oz of water each day
2. Figure out a meal plan for d-land. Get meals and snacks together for the traveling to Cali portion of the trip. 
3. Spend min 30 min of focused time on the study and praying
4. Add the Parksville park hill into our run when we run at Krista's (run all the way up!)

My Action Steps:
1. Have water with me at all times. At home and out. 
2. Figure out what is available in my hotel room to cook and store food. Think through what I will honestly have time to prepare. Figure out where I'm going to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and figure out food that will work for those times. Keep it simple but on plan. Lots of the same stuff!
3. If at all possible do study before I get up in the morning. If that's not possible stop what I'm doing. Turn off the TV, music etc and just do the study. If the phone rings they can wait! 
4. Ask Krista if she's okay adding the hill. If she's not then once we're done our run and walking home stop the walk and add the hill running by myself.   

Prayer: Lord, 
I thank you for your faithfulness to me. This week I feel like I started drifting off. Not so much off plan but just with getting sick and the hard days I didn't feel like I was really on top of things. But Lord, looking back I can see that you were on top of things because I didn't go way off plan, I still got in my exercise and I didn't miss a day of devotions. Lord, I commit this week to taking this more seriously and to making it a priority everyday. Lord, I want to life up this coming week to you. I pray that as I strive for a healthier body through a better relationship in you that you would continue to be my rock and my reminder. Lord, as my life gets a little exciting at the end of this week I pray that you would be there that you would be reminding me of the importance of spending time with you. That you would be reminding me that, yes, on fry can be detrimental to me. That this sin't about calories in calories burned. This isn't about about the number being lower on the scale when I get back. This is about food finding it's place in my life, it's rightful place. Lord, thank you for the freedom you have already given me. Thank you that you are a faithful and unfailing God. That you want to me do this, you are with me in this. Lord, I thank you that your plan for me is so much bigger then being stuck in a vicious cycle of food. I Pray Lord as I go on today that you would help me to get back on track. Lord, that food would sound good and that I would be able to consume the food I'm supposed to. But Lord that most of all you would be first and foremost in my day. Lord, I already know tonight church is going to be a struggle but I know it's one  that you can win! Lord, Remind me of the importance of starting my week off right, focusing in on you and fellowshipping with your people. So Lord, later today when I think I'm too sick, I'm too tired or whatever other excuse I can come up with I pray that you would overrule those excuses and that you would kick my butt to church. Lord, I love you and I thank you that you are always here. Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment