Sunday, February 9, 2014

Victories and Goals

Hey everyone! Well I am now in California! Because of that I managed to miss yesterdays study so today you get a special on! I'll start with victories and reflections from last week and move onto this coming week and what it just might look like.

Last week was a great week! I was able to stick to plan and was challenged lots by the study.

Victories:
1. I lost 2 pounds
2. I ran a long hill!
3. I continued to keep up with the study and really grew from it!
4. I have a few people tell me they that it was obvious I'd lost weight and they were shocked when I only said 12 pounds.

Yesterday was really hard for me. We spend friday night "sleeping" in an airport as we were flying out early saturday morning. I was so tired and I can say I lost my resolve. I ate too much, I think. I don't even know because I wasn't really eating what I should when I should. I can say in that I had a real victory in that I only ate and drank things in my plan, just too much and at the wrong times. Today I realized how important it was to get up and first thing focus on God and the reason I'm losing weight, to grow closer to him.

TODAY!

Work of the week: Truth

Verse of the week:
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 corinthians 12:9

Goals for the week:
1. 3 curves workouts
2. 3 runs
4. 10,000 steps each day
5. only eat what's in my meal plan
6. do my study every morning

These may seem like basic goals but i'm spending my week at disneyland and so i know I need to go back to basics and remember that these little things are important and skipping them because I'm on vacation is not going to be beneficial, permissible maybe but not beneficial.

Lord, I thank you so much for you grace that covers me when I fail. Lord, I pray your forgiveness for yesterdays over eating. Lord, I pray that you would have me asking myself the questions I need to before I eat and that you would be there giving me the strength I need to say no when things aren't part of my plan. Lord I thank you that your power is made perfect in my weakness. Lord, I could have a whole lot of that weakness this week and I pray that your power would be made perfect in everyone of those situations. Lord, I pray that we would be a blessing to those around us today. That all those we come in contact with will be encouraged and can see you shining through what we do, how we act and what we say. Lord, I thank you so much that we have this opportunity to be back in California and I pray it would be a time of rest and rejuvenation for Heather. That she can forget the stressed of life back home and just let her hair down and truly enjoy everyday we have. Lord, I pray for your strength today and I thank you that you speak the truth to me when i need to hear it. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment