Monday, February 3, 2014

Made To Crave Day 16

Today we were to read chapter 7 I'm Not Defined By The Numbers. It was a little of a challenge o read but it's going to be harder to actually get there in my life. I don't own a scale so that's really been helpful! I weigh in once a week at the gym when I meet with my coach to go over my work outs and eating for the week. I also weigh in once a week, usually Mondays, at my mom's house to make sure I'm on track for Thursday. Okay and then sometimes, often, I weigh in Thursday am at my mom's so I know what to expect when I get to my meeting. I however don't feel that this is an unhealthy amount to weigh myself what I need to get to is not dreading the scale. Not rating my successfulness from it. I can say I feel I 'm starting to take steps in that direction. Last week I was down 3 pounds and  as much as I thought that was nice it didn't give me that same I DID IT! feeling that I used to get. It was more of a okay it's working. I would love to get to the point where the number really doesn't mean much to me. I know that I need to know the number to make sure I don't need to change how Im eating, but I really would love to get to that point where 1000% I just need to number to see if I need to make changes to my diet not because I feel like it's defining any part of me.

I absolutely love this song on days when I can't see who I am in Christ it really reminds me I'm not defined by my situation but by my Lord!


Exactly who am I in Christ?
  1. I was made by God to do good works. Works that were already figured out before I was born. Ephesians 2:10
  2. I am a New creation! 2 Corinthians 5:17
  3. I am a joint heir with Christ! Romans 8:17
  4. I am an overcomer! Revelations 12:11 
  5. I am strengthened with might according to God's powers. Colossians 1:11
  6. I am a Child of God. John 1:12
  7. I am a friend of Jesus. John 15:15
  8. I am the aroma of Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:15

I will no longer be defined by the number on the scale or the size of my pants but rather by my Lord Jesus and all of the things I am in Him!

Lord, I pray that this would come to me. Lord, I know for lysa it took time for her to get to this place and I know it may take me more time but I pray that eventually I would get there and I'd be amazed by you and the lack of power my size has on me. Lord I thank you that I can already see that coming to fruition and I pray that it would continue to do so. Lord, if there are things I need to do to get there please show me. Show me where my identity truly is and show me what steps I need to take to get there. Lord, I thank you for your truths that I am a new creation, I am a joint heir with Christ, I have strength! Lord all of these things and so many more are the real me not 217 pounds or a size 16. Lord, as I go on today I pray that you would help me to make good, healthy choices. That I would work hard as I go to the gym, walk and run. That I would be a light to you today. That as I eat and exercise Lord that I would do it to bring glory to you. That I would be doing it so that I can serve you better. That I would be doing it as an act of obedience to you. I know Lord that you command to me to care for my body, you command to to treat it as a temple. Lord, I'm sorry I haven't done that please forgive me and please help me to see it as that. Lord, today give mr the strength and wisdom I need. Lord, give me decrement and self-control and Lord, when those aren't enough please Lord come and carry me through. Thank you Lord that you are giving me hard things to do. that you are growing and stretching me and thank you that you are changing me from the inside out. Lord, help me to be a blessing today. Amen 

Victories:
1. drank lots of water yesterday and uncaffeinated tea 
2. Went to church even though I didn't want to at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment