Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Made To Crave Day 10

Chapter 4 reflection today... I'm going to be honest I really struggle with this chapter. The idea of being accountable and vulnerable with someone doe not excite me at all. But as my verse of the day yesterday says a two are better then one, if one falls down the other will pick him up. I need to have that support to pick me up and dust me off. Knowing that my sister is going to be running with me keeps me running. Knowing that my mom and sister are going to the gym with me or are at least going to the gym as often keeps me going. It keeps me moving knowing that anyone of them could ask me at anytime how I'm doing. And I'm going to get that for food too!  

1. When a friend experiences success with healthy food choices and losing weight, do you feel encouraged and inspired by her example, or do you feel discouraged and envious?
Part of me feels envious that they would have the drive and success that I want to have so bad but couldn't find. But 95% of me would be so proud of them that they were actually doing it. That they would change their lifestyles and get themselves healthy! Would it encourage me to move on in my journey. Yes, was it rally that push I needed to really succeed, no.

Do you communicate your feelings to your friend or keep them to yourself?
Not usually, with a few people I would with most people I would keep my thoughts to myself. I think if I told someone else I was proud that they would give me a pep talk and I really didn't want one of those. My envious thoughts I wouldn't share with people. I knew they were wrong and wouldn't be beneficial to anyone!   

2. Complete this sentance: I do/do not want to invite a friend to help me on my journey to healthy eating because...
I don't want to have a friend help me on my journey because people let me  down and I have a hard time relying on others for support. 
I do want to have a friend help me on my journey because I'm excited to have someone to share my victories with and someone who will help me when I'm struggling. 

3. If accountability is crucial, what is the biggest challenge you face in making accountability part of your eating plan?
I am having a hard time finding someone who I would want as an accountability partner. I don't have many friends who are on a weight loss journey, or have been on one and I think that would be a benefit. 

4.If you were to imagine a life-giving experience of accountability, one that empowers you and helps you feel companioned rather than alone in your struggles, how would you describe that experience?
Someone who is encouraging, who checks in on me daily if I don't talk to them first. Someone who will call me out when they see my BS. Someone who will encourage me to remember this is about Christ not weight loss. Someone who will pray for me and with me. Someone who is on this journey with me. And who WANTS to be accountable.
What kind of person would you be accountable to?
A strong person. Someone who will stand up to me and not just say, god job but someone who will say you sucked this week too!
What do you hope this person would do for you?
They would help me by checking in on my eating and exercising while doing it themselves. They would pray for me and encourage me.
What do you hope they would not do?
Forget to check in, give me too much compassion and too many it's okay's 
How would you determine wether or not the relationship is providing effective accountability?
Is this someone who is encouraging me to stick to my plan and to honour Christ in what i'm doing? Is this someone who I'm willing to be open and honest with?

Victories:
1. Got over my 14,000 steps in today. And I really didn't feel like walking today!
2. Stuck to my eating plan   

Prayer:
Lord, thank you that yesterday got a little easier. Thank you that you have started to open my eyes to the importance of an accountability partner! Thank you that you know who mine will be and you will make it clear to me in your timing. Lord, thank you that you are my accountability right now while I am seeking. Lord, thank you for giving me the strength to say no and to say yes when it's hard. Lord, today as I head to Nanaimo I pray that you would give me the strength to stick to the plan and to get a nice walk in. I pray that I would also remember my financial situation that I wouldn't be out buying things. Lord, I want to thank you again for mom, heather, krista and chelsea. Lord, you have given me a great support network, people who love me and want to see me do well in this venture. Lord, please give em the strength I need today and make yourself strong through my weakness. Thank you Lord that you are always there and that you will never fail me. Amen 

Verse of the day:
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:8

When I think of this verse in the context of having an accountability partner it really encourages me that having that person I can admit my failures to I can move on from them, I can be healed. I don't have to dwell on what I did but I can move on and make better choices. And then on the second part the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective! If we are praying for each other God will hear us and listen, they will be effective prayers if we are holding each other accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment