Sunday, January 26, 2014

Made To Crave Day 8

Wow it's already week 2... time to look at this coming week and set some goals

My Word: Determination 

My Verse: 1 Peter 5:7-8a, Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. 

My Goals: 
1. read at least 1 food related Bible verse each day. I want to understand Gods view of food a little better.
2. Walk up the knoll.
3. Stick to my curves plan

My Action Steps:
1. each morning as I'm doing my made to crave add a section to my blog for this verse and what I gleaned from it.
2. Make a date. Pick a time and go, with others or alone!
3. a.Work out, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at curves. 
b. Walk at least an extra 1 hour each day. 
c. Run Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 
d. Think about tough situations ahead of time and work through what I'm going to do. 
e. Make sure that I have food ready to eat that is on target.
f. Meet with Coach
4. PRAY! Keep doing made to crave!  

My Thoughts: This week is going to be the hardest one there is. The honeymoon has worn off and I'm wanting to go back to my old habits. I'm going to be a little more sore and I'm going to want to take it a little easier on myself. NOT HAPPENING! God is going to be my rock this week and we're going to get through this week as tough as it will be. Prayer will become more important. Starting my day with this study and reading God's word will be key to keeping my mind focused on the greater picture. I know with God this is totally doable! I also know when we make it through the week it's going to get a little easier.
   
My Victories: 
1. Last night I brought 2 of my DS brothers and one of the little boys I work with out for supper. This is a group who would not tattle on me :) I could have eaten anything and have gotten away with it. But rather then my favourite there, a burger, deep fried zucchini sticks, caesar salad and fires, I got one of their lifestyle menu items. Before we went I looked up the nutrition and menu on line and I picked 2 options. When we got to the restaurant I knew those were the 2 things I could pick from and I did. Let me tell you it was delicious and it was so much I had enough to bring home to eat today for lunch!
2. I also went for a 1 1/2 hour walk yesterday pushing a double stroller with two 40lb children in it! I felt it everywhere but it felt great to walk through my door knowing I went and I didn't give up!   

My Prayers: Lord, I know this week is going to be tough, week 2 always is! Week 1 I'm on the I'm a superstar high but by week 2 I just want to eat that _________ and I don't think that being thin is worth going without ______ forever, blah, blah, blah. I know it all too well. But this time Lord, I have the most important tool in my belt. You! You are the key to my success you are the reason that I will be able to make it through. You are my rock and my fortress when food is chasing me down! Lord, this week continue to teach me about myself. Continue to show me you and your path for me. Lord, stay front and centre of my days. Help me to continue to understand that the reason I will be successful is not because I'm awesome but because you're awesome and that you are changing my heart and reshaping me spiritually. Thank you Lord, that you are here with me and that you are never going to forsake me. You're in it for the long haul! Lord thank you for such an amazing first week. Thank you for helping me to see what I was really made for and that you are the key to my life. And that the only reason this weightless matters is because food has been my comfort, my joy, my desire, my refugure. Lord, food needs to take it's place as fuel and you need to take your place as Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment