Monday, January 27, 2014

Made To Crave Day 9

We're onto Chapter 4 today Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Before Thinking. This chapter has been my least favourite and the one I don't look forward to implementing. I have huge issues with accountability. I don't like relying on other people. I know exactly where it stems from and I know I need to get over it and allow others to help me. Not everyone is going to let me down. As I was reading some of the reasons why I need an accountability partner have been coming out:
1. Because there are times my own determination won't be enough. There will be times when I need the support of that other person too.
2. Because God made us for community and I need to embrace that
3. Because the power of prayer will be multiplied.
I know I already have the support of my family. I have talked to my mom and my 2 closest sisters and they know what I'm doing and why and they are onboard to support me! My one sister has become my running partner and I'm thinking I might ask her to become my physical activity accountability partner. I live with my other sister and she is great! When she cooks for me she is great at making it healthy and asking me if I can have things or not. She is also getting much better at keeping her junk food at work or in her room :) And my mom is also on this journey with me! So when I am with her I don't feel tempted to eat more etc. These are the people I spend the majority of my time with so their support is invaluable.
As far as an accountability partner I am going to pray about who that might be. I'm not good at asking for help and I want to make sure this is the right person!

Victories:
1. Did not want to go for a walk yesterday, but  I did anyways!
2. I was really tired yesterday and that's when I tend to overeat the most often. I wanted to sooo bad but I didn't! I made it through the day on plan!
3. I really didn't want to go to church tonight, I was so tired and would rather have been at home reading. But I know how important it is to go, Satan isn't impressed that I'm making strides forward in my spiritual walk and he will do what he can to derail me. Well it ended up being a huge blessing going! I was able to have some nice conversations with people I hadn't connected with in a while. And the sermon gave me some good things to think about. But over all it gave me a good solid start to my week.

Prayer: Lord, Thank you for helping me through yesterday. It was not an easy day and your strength was what carried me through. Thank you for continuing to be faithful. Lord, I pray for today that your strength would remain and that through your power it would be another on plan day! Thank you Lord that you have provided me with a job that allows me lots of time to focus on you and on my journey, but also provides well so I have the money to eat well and pay for a curves membership. Lord, I want to pray right now for an accountability partner. I'm not sure who to ask. Lord, I pray that you would show me who would be a good match. Lord, someone whom I can be honest with, someone who I can support. Lord, someone who will not just hold me accountable in food but also in relying on you. Someone who will hold me up in prayer and who will be there for the long haul. I thank you that you already know who this is and I pray that you would make that person clear to me. Lord, please give me your strength to make it through this day. Amen 

Daily Bible Verse:
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! ... Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10.12 

No comments:

Post a Comment