Monday, January 20, 2014

Made To Crave Day 2


Today our challenge was to read chapter 1 and to reflect on it. We were to pick 3 things that jumped out at us... I'm a rule breaker so I picked 4... no in all reality I couldn't decide what 3 were best so 4 it was!
1. I need to praise God, that he made me to crave. It’s a real blessing that I have such a strong desire to be with him… now it just needs to be channelled that way.
2. “What we’re craving depends on what we’re consuming” As I consume more of God he will be what I crave!
3. The more saturated we are in truth the more able we will be to say no to our bad cravings.
4. Jesus could stand up to temptation when he was weak and hungry. Eve had everything she could want and she couldn’t say no to a piece of fruit.
Week 1 Word: Empowerment

Week 1 Verse: Psalm 84:2, My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I Thank you that you have given me this time, these next 6 weeks, to focus on you and how you made me for you. Lord, it's such a blessing to see why I do what I do. Why I crave food, why I don't want to spend as much time with you as I know I should. Lord it's because whatever I feed I will crave. When I feed my belly, my vanity, my pride those things will grow and crave more from me. But Lord, when I pour myself into spending time with you I will crave more of you. I will want to stop and talk to you and with you just because. Lord I thank you for showing me this truth. I thank you Lord, that you made me to crave. I thank you that you created me with such strong desires. I pray Lord, that those cravings, those desires would first and foremost be pointed towards you and then with your blessing and your power I will be able to take care of myself and others. Lord, I know that this is going to get hard and that I'm going to want to give up. I'm not going to want to get up so early to do my devotions, I'm not going to want to say no to unbenificial food. Lord, in those times remind me of the big picture. Remind me of your power to over come my weakness. Thank you Jesus that you will be there carrying me through this and that you have defeated satan already. Amen
Victories! 
Made it through day #1 eating in my curves plan! When I wanted something else I would pray and know that was not a choice that would bring glory to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment